Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Commission: Cypher


I received a commission to convert a Cypher. He wasn't to look as chaotic as the standard Cypher model, and the goal was a world-weary gunfighter. My immediate reaction was to think of Josey Wales, so that was the sort of image I went for. I wanted him to look like he'd had a hard road since the Heresy. I also wanted him so look passive but dangerous, like he wouldn't start trouble but wouldn't hesitate to finish any threats immediately.



I think I did a decent job with it. Using existing bits, I could only change the stance so much. I sculpted the hood and mask from green stuff to give him a bit of an outlaw look.






Finally, here you can see my converted Lion Sword. It was surprisingly difficult to make a sheathed sword. The hilt was made from chopped up bits of several power swords, and the scabbard was made from plasticard of different thicknesses. Also, I used one of the official Cypher backpacks. They're just too iconic to leave out.


The armor was painted darker than I normally see Dark Angels. I did all of layering I normally do, but it was between a black base and a Caliban Green highlight. The armor looks black with just a hint of green.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hadn't ever seen his backpack! That is wicked awesome. Model looks great, hope your client is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was very happy with it, even the super dark green paint job. I also really like the backpack. I had to buy a pack of them, so I'll be using one on an upcoming Executioners Chaplain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...