Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Commission: Ultramarines Tacticals

Here's the latest batch of Ultramarines, another three bolter marines and three special weapon troopers.
















These guys came out well, though the decals wrinkled a bit during varnishing. They've never done that to me before, and I'd be really interested if anyone knows what causes it. These will be the last Tactical Marines that I will paint for a while. Next up are some Devastators and a Captain, as a reward to myself for finishing so many Tacticals.


2 comments:

  1. Ron at FTW covered this a while ago.
    http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-apply-waterslide-transfers.html

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Strangely enough, I did almost all of that (I only used microsol rather than combining it with microset. I'm out). The decals were smooth before I varnished but wrinkled during varnishing.

    It's not terribly noticeable, but it's strange as I never had it happen before. I'm blaming it on temperature or humidity. Those always seem to cause problems with spray varnish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...