Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Now Accepting Commissions

Recently, one of the gamers and my FLGS saw my Executioners and seemed pretty impressed by them. After we chatted about them for a bit, he asked if I did any commission painting. Now, I never had before, but it seemed like a fun way to earn some extra money. We talked a bit more, figured out a fair price, and I'm now a commission painter.

My first commission is an assortment of Grey Knight models, including 5 Purifiers, 2 Inquisitorial Henchmen, a Culexus Assassin, and Inquisitorial Chimera, and Inquisitor Coteaz. I'm happy to report that Coteaz and the Chimera are both completed, so I thought I'd post them up with the announcement.



My client asked for the standard color schemes on all models, so I tried to match the GW vision of each unit. I did deviate from the official GW model a bit with Coteaz, just because it seemed weird to me that he would have a Bald Eagle. I went for a more generic looking eagle, since I didn't want it to detract from Coteaz himself.




There you go. If anyone reading the blog would be interested in commissioning some work from me, please drop me an email and we can talk through the details. I like to think that I do good work for a reasonable cost.

1 comment:

  1. Commission work is great when you can get it. I managed to keep myself afloat by painting when I was unemployed a while back. A better thing is if someone wonders why a grown man is still playing and painting toy soldiers, you can always ask them "When was the last time someone paid you to watch a football game?"

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...