Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Lemartes and Death Company

Since Death Company have gotten to be pretty awesome on the table, I've spent a bit of time adding some models to my existing unit. Since the days of the Blood Angels .pdf codex, I've had 11 Death Company with jump packs and basic chainswords and bolt pistols. A good core for a unit, but it needed some add-ons to increase its hitting power.

First came Lemartes. The new model is a great improvement, but I would like to see it in finecast. He's a tall model with a metal jump pack, and I expect him to fall over backwards a lot.









I also added two models with power fists to the squad. In my experience, Lemartes and standard Death Company will buzz saw through most squads on the charge, so I don't think power weapons are really necessary. However, power fists allow the squad to take out stubborn Terminators or high toughness models (like Wraithlords). The bolters take advantage of Death Company being relentless.



There they are. I'm looking forward to putting the squad on the table now that they're painted. Let me know what you think. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow...those powerfist guys are looking nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood for the... Golden Cup?

    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good. I really need to upgrade my Lemartes. I have had the old model sitting around for several years. Now that I am actually putting him back on the table, I really need purchase that new model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i use a thunderhammer instead of a fist, with a boltgun?
    Great work on them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally have a thunder hammer and bolter on the same model. I just went with power fists to save some points.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...