Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Thunderfire Cannon


I present the last unit from my Executioners 1,850 point list, the Thunderfire Cannon. I had some issues with this model in Finecast, but it painted up well. The Thunderfire itself was a bit simple to paint, mostly being just weathered metal. I put some freehand on it to spice things up. It got a bunch of weathering too.









The Techmarine was a more interesting model, and I'm happy with how the red armor came out. I used my new recipe for red: Mephiston Red base, Carroburg Crimson shade, Evil Sunz Scarlet layer,
Wild Rider Red highlight, and Bloodletter glaze. I'm planning on painting my Forgeworld Blood Angel Assault squad this way, and I think they'll look excellent.







There you go, the end of the Executioners (for the moment). Let me know what you think.



1 comment:

  1. Ignatius,
    I am WHOLLY impressed! The Techmarine came out beautiful, and the freehand on the cannon's cowling truly adds... everything! This is the best Thunderfire model I think I've ever seen. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...