Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Back to Warhammer Fantasy


My interest in Warhammer Fantasy has been rekindled lately. The relatively recent release of the Vampire Counts army book was a stepping stone to this, but I was still busy with the Executioners. As I painted the Executioners' tanks, I needed something to do while all the layers of wash dried. This led to just grabbing older models off my shelf that needed to be painted. Commander Dante was just such a model, but I've also been painting Zombies from my VC army (15 down, 5 left). I've still got 10 Ghouls, a Corpse Cart, a Varghulf,  and some characters waiting to be painted.


Based on all this, I checked my FLGS's web site to see if I could get in some practice games. While in theory I've been playing Vampire Counts since 5th Edition Warhammer, I've never played a game with the current edition or army book. I really need some more current experience. Not only that, but I lack most of the newer and harder hitting units that I would need to fill out a larger army. My collection is very much geared toward 5th and 6th editions, with lots of infantry and characters.

Fortuitously, it turns out that the gaming store is running a Fantasy tournament at the end of July. The tournament is designed to introduce new players and will consist of four 1,250 point games. My collection will certainly fill that out, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll be planning my army and trying to get some practice games in before the tournament, as well as painting up my remaining models. I'm trying to work with what I have rather than make any last minute purchases. It just doesn't seem prudent to buy more before I learn t use the current list and figure out what it needs.

Anyhow, this is just an announcement that I'll be throwing my dice back into Fantasy. I don't really expect it to slow down progress on the Executioners or the Blood Angels, as I've been working on the VC models at the same time. I am looking forward to more games over the summer and I hope to put up more battle reports for both 40K and Fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I've been heading back in the WHFB direction as well. I only have about 700-800 points of Empire though. Which really isn't enough to put on the table yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...