Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Zombies!

During the last few weeks, I haven't had much consistent painting time. This meant I couldn't really work on anything requiring too much time and concentration (such as my Executioners and Blood Angels). This led me to grab some zombies off my shelf and give them the standard quick and dirty paint job.





While painting these guys, I was struck by the though that I really lavish time and attention onto my 40K armies, while most of my Vampire Counts army is just base coats and washes. I think it's mainly due to the models. Maybe if I start a High Elf or Brettonian army where there is room for neatness and detail, I would bring the same sort of attention to Fantasy. With models that are supposed to have clawed their way out of the dirt, I just can't bring myself to spend that much time being neat. I'm sure it doesn't help that I need more zombies in a single unit than I have Space Marines in most armies. I did paint my Grave Guard with considerable care, but they're it so far for Fantasy.

While I feel a bit bad for spending so much more painting effort on 40K than Fantasy, it is really relaxing to be able to pick up some of my Undead models and get them painted up quickly and with a minimum of stress.

I'm working on two Executioners Razorbacks/Rhinos right now. It's slow going but I hope to have them ready to post up by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...