Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Product Review: MaxMini and Kromlech Bits

A while ago, I won some bits from Deep Strike Radio (great podcast it you're interested in fluff, by the way). I thought I'd write up a short review of the bits, and I've finally gotten around to it.


First off, there are the bits from Maxmini. There's the Mechanical Hammer set:


Steam Knight Helmets:

 Biohazard Helmets:


And Gothic Backpacks:




The bits are all quite detailed and in good condition. There are tiny bits of flash surrounding some of the smaller details, particularly on the nozzles on the helmets. It's not difficult to remove and doesn't damage the detail. All of the edges are sharp. There was one noticeable imperfection beyond the flash. There are small vanes extend from the exhausts of one of the backpacks (the ones on the right in the above picture), and it doesn't look like the resin fully filled the. It's easy enough to just shave them off, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Other than that, everything looks great.

I also received an assortment of Ork bits from Kromlech:


I have to say that the detail and texture on these is really impressive. There is little to no flash on the pieces, and the texture (particularly on the skin) is quite deep and would be easy to paint. The different bits would allow you to make very unique Orks, whether 'Ard Boyz, Snake Bites, cyborg orks (my personal favorites with the wheels or treads replacing the legs) or WW2 style German Orks.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the Kromlech pieces, and I'll be checking out their stock in case there's anything I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...