Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Executioners Razorbacks/Rhino


As promised, I've finished a few tanks for the Executioners. They're actually a bit ahead of schedule. I painted two which are magnetized to switch between Razorbacks and Rhinos. Overall, I'm happy with how they came out. The drybrushed silver base didn't come out perfectly, but there are only a few areas where it is noticeable under the glaze. The freehand and details on these all look pretty good to me, and they certainly look appropriate for carrying my Sternguard squads. I tried my hand at painting the gold vertical stripes, as seen in IA 10, on these and they look striking, though the edges aren't perfectly straight. I considered using masking tape, but I tried it and it pulled off some of the glaze and metallics.



I'm also happier with the weathering on these tanks. I think I'm getting the hang of using them, even the lightest brown. I also tried adding some black weathering powder for exhaust scorching. I applied it dry and didn't fix it in any way, just varnished over it. Since it's so dark, it actually worked out.

Anyway, here's the first Rhino:





I went a bit overboard on the rear right exhaust scorching, but I don't think it looks too bad.
The Rhino top hatches are my first attempt to add highlighting to flat freehand. It's simple, but I'm really happy with the effect.
And the second Rhino:





More highlighted freehand.

I used some of the new GW paint line on these, and I'll be putting up my reviews of the paints that I used on Monday.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! The highlighting on the axes are bang on - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool looking and will fit in nicely with your equally great looking squads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! Can wait to see a pic of them with their squads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice work on the freehand stuff - it's a very natural looking paint job. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I am very happy with how the freehand came out on these. I'll try to take a picture of the whole army as it currently stands and post it later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...