Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1,000 Point Tournament Intro

I was able to participate in another local tournament. This one was four 1,000 point games over the course of the day. I've been working on a 1,000 point Blood Angel army, testing it against Dardreg. I decided to bring it. It consisted of:

Reclusiarch w/ jump pack

Sanguinary Priest w/ power weapon, jump pack

10 Assault Marines w/ power fist, 2 meltaguns, jump packs

10 Assault Marines w/ power fist, 2 meltaguns, jump packs

Baal Predator w/ assault cannons, heavy bolter sponsons

Predator w/ autocannon, lascannon sponsons

The list is pretty basic. The Predators provide firepower, while the Assault squads protect them and hunt tanks and infantry as needed. The list is (I think) well-rounded and very mobile, with good firepower and assault. It is low on bodies, but with good use of Feel No Pain, I should be able to mitigate that.



When I got there, there were 20 players with a variety of armies. I counted 4 Grey Knights, 5 Blood Angels, 2 Space Marines, 2 Dark Eldar, 1 Eldar, 1 Necron, 1Tyranid, and 2 Imperial Guard armies, but I'm missing a few.


Anyway, that's the plan and the scene. Next article, we'll see how I do.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brian
    This is Chris, the Necron player from Scifi. I was glade to see you made it out for the 1000pt tourney, it was a blast. I can't wait to see your battle reports, especially the one against my brother. I hope you can continue to make it to the events at scifi, as your an excellent player who brings a lot to the tournaments. In fact, were going to have an 1850pt event in April, hopefully we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris,

    I'm hoping to be there for any events I can. I've had a really great time both tournaments, and I think the experience is improving my game. I'll keep an eye on the forums for information on the April event.

    I'll be putting up the battle reports over the next week, so keep an eye out. Thanks for reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...