Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Tournament Wrap-up


In the end, I think I came about middle of the pack with a loss, a minor loss, and a minor win as well as an assortment of bonus points. I say I think because there were 20 players but I only saw 13 of the scores. I think the tournament organizer stopped adding them up once he realized no one could catch the leaders. Of those 13, I came 7th.

Anyway, it was a fun day and I think I did alright given my limited tournament experience. I think I can improve my list. As I mentioned in the reports, I need some more survivable scoring presence. I also realized that I'm very vulnerable to night fight, but I can't think of anyway to fix that without adding vehicles. I'd rather keep my all infantry approach, as my first two opponents both remarked on how they weren't using all their anti-tank weapons to full effect (my last opponent didn't care because Obliterators can take out anything).

I'm thinking that some Scouts would be a cheap way to get survivable scoring into the list, but a Tactical squad would also be a more expensive possibility. As for night fight, I think I just need to suck it up and move in fast against Necrons.

Anyone have any ideas? You've seen the games, and I'd appreciate some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...