Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

General Update


Apologies for my lack of post last Friday. I spent the end of last week traveling and then had a lot of catch-up to play this weekend. Sadly, this means I don't have much in the way of content to post.

I have assembled my MkIV Sternguard marines, and I've started with the MkII's. While the Forgeworld pieces have great detail and I didn't see any problems with them when I first went over them, close inspection has revealed quite a few tiny bubbles and chips which require a bit of green stuff work to fix. There has also been a bit of filing to get sharp edges on armor plates. While nothing has been really complex, it takes a lot longer to assemble the Forgeworld marines than a standard squad. Thankfully, their look is worth it.



I'm also planning to try out a new Blood Angels list this week at the gaming shop. I've been having great success with lots of jump packs backed up by Devastators, but I want to try something a bit more dynamic (and probably less competitive). I decided to go with all jump infantry and take two squads of Vanguard. I've been disappointed with them before, but I've never played them in a game this large (1,850 points). I'm hoping that more support will help them function better. Anyway, here's the list.

Reclusiarch w/ jump pack, meltabombs

Honor Guard w/ 2 power weapons, 2 power fists, 2 meltaguns

10 Assault Marines w/ power fist, 2 meltaguns

10 Assault Marines w/ power fist, 2 meltaguns

10 Assault Marines w/ power fist, 2 meltaguns

Sanguinary Priest w/ jump pack, power weapon

Sanguinary Priest w/ jump pack, power weapon

6 Vanguard Veterans w/ thunder hammer,  3 lightning claws

6 Vanguard Veterans w/ 2 thunder hammers,  2 lightning claws, 1 power weapon

Total: 1,850 points

It's got a lot of bodies, 3 Priestly auras, and much more assault punch that what I usually field. However, its longest ranged gun is 12" so that may be an issue. Even so, I'm really looking forward to putting it on the table and I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...