Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

101st Post!

I just realized that my post about magnetizing the standard Predator was my 100th post, which is a bit of a milestone. The blog is almost a year old now, and I think it's still going well.

I wanted to take this opportunity to ask anyone who cares to comment (it sounds pretentious to address "my readers") if there's anything they'd like to see more of on the blog. I'll keep putting up my completed models, but those posts are limited by how quickly I paint. I'll also keep putting up tutorials as I come up with them, but now that I've finished the magnetization tutorials, I'm out of ideas on that front. I'm open to suggestions. If you see something I've done that you'd like to know how to do, let me know in the comments.

Beyond those, there's a lot of room to expand. I have a few ideas for future topics that I'd like to hear feedback. First, I'd be interested in writing a more in depth tactica for Codex: Space Marines (similar to what I wrote for Blood Angels) if there is interest in it. Another option would be breakdowns of other top codices to discuss how best to play against them. Finally, I'm thinking about writing a series about how to make a solid army list. This would be mostly looking at lists that I play, but I would like if readers would submit lists or list ideas that I could work through.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or inclinations, please let me know in the comments.

As a final note, I wanted to mention that I won a contest run by the Deep Strike Radio Podcast. The contest was to build the best, fluffy infantry-heavy Sisters of Battle list. I'm not sure if anyone else entered, but they picked mine and I should be receiving some bits from MaxMini.eu. I'll be doing reviews of them once I get them. As an aside, if you're interested in the 40K background and how to implement it on the tabletop, I would highly suggest listening to Deep Strike Radio. They just did an episode on the Age of Apostasy that was particularly good.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone, as far as suggestions are concerned, just keep up the good work and interesting articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an idea about what I would like to see. Instead of just covering top codices maybe describe a solid army list and then describe how the a solid army list would defend against or defeat the common and oft discussed power lists of the internet and tournament lists.
    -Brazen Kaz Minotaurs Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good way to approach it, and I think I'll work that into my articles. Discussing how a specific list would deal with power lists would make it much more concrete than just discussing the power lists in isolation.

    Thanks for the idea!

    Also, I like the Dragonlance reference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...