Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blood Angels Devastators Part 2



It took a while, but I've finished painting the rest of the Devastators from Tenth Squad, Fourth Company. I particularly enjoyed these guys as I was able to go crazy with all the backpacks and bolters that I had left over from my Death Company boxes. These guys have tons of Blood Angels detail that I've never had the chance to use before. In addition, I am not officially finished painting all 100 marines in the Fourth Company. I think I initially decided to collect a full company in 1998, so it's been a long time coming.



Here are close-ups of each marine. As always, you can click on them to see them at full resolution.











Now that they're done, I christen this Squad Bolitus. Next up are my two Executioner Rhinos. I've already started painting them, and I've found out one important thing: When washing vehicles, cut your washes at least 1:1 with water and apply very thin, even layers. It's the only way I can find to prevent a splotchy finish.

1 comment:

  1. These guys look good sir, and all I can say about washing large flat areas is... DEATH TO SPLOTCHES!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...