Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

First Protectorate of Menoth Warjacks

 
I've been planning to start a Protectorate of Menoth army for a while, and had picked up two light warjacks, the Revenger and the Vigilant. A friend also gave me the warcaster High Exemplar Kreoss. I started painting the jacks while painting my Executioners Tactical Marines, mostly to have something to do while waiting for washes to dry.


Here they are:




I tried for a grittier, more practical paint scheme than Menoth normally has. I can't see why a warjack would have tons of gold plating, especially over areas that would need to be armored. I painted most of the metallic areas in a dark iron color.

I'm happy with the scheme. The white came out as kind of an eggshell color, which isn't anything I've really painted before but is pleasant enough to look at. I can't really say anything about tactics or army list yet, as I have only played one game, and that a very small one. I'm looking forward to learning a new game system so different from Warhammer.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice mate, Great colour scheme you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I wanted it to be a bit grittier and more utilitarian than the standard scheme, but to still be predominantly white. It ended up being just a matter of replacing most of the gold and red accents with steel, but I think it made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...