Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

More Executioners Tactical Marines


I've finished another batch of Tactical marines. I think I've finally got the painting techniques I'm using down and I can finally avoid splotchy armor. This squad was assembled with as many unusual shoulder pads as I could find, primarily studded pads and pads from company champions. Like the helmets, I think it gives them a bit more medieval, barbaric look.



This meant I had to paint both their chapter badge and squad designation on the same shoulder pad. I have to say, painting tiny Tactical squad arrows is way more difficult than I expected.

Anyway, here are the close-ups:










I've got a few product reviews that I plan to type up this week. Hopefully they'll be helpful.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one you have alot more done than me, I'm still getting my techniques right.

    Got a few Assault Marines I'm playing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, my girlfriend's away for 3 weeks for work, so I have a lot of spare painting time lately, for better or worse.

    Looking forward to seeing some Executioners Assault Marines. I'm not planning on building any at the moment, so I'll be happy to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man these look really good, well done.

    Why did you chose Tac marines though? I was going to use Codex:BA for them and have an all assault marine force when I was planning my Executioners.

    They look good as hell though! Keep up the good work!

    Redscorps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I like the bases in particular. What do you use for them?
    You better put axes on the assault marines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments!

    I may do a more in-depth post about why I'm using Codex Marines later, but the main reason is that I already have a massive number of Blood Angels (check out the older posts in the blog for pictures and Tactics articles), and I didn't want another army that played the same way. I run into too many Space Wolves armies at the moment to play them, so I went with Codex Marines.

    I'll do a tutorial on the bases later this week, but they're really cheap and easy to make. It's just pieces of slate and sand mixed with small pebbles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...