Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

More Executioners Tactical Marines


The excitement at work has died down a bit, so I had some time to work on my Executioners. I finished four more Tactical marines, including the special weapons for this squad.
















Overall, they're turning out well. I've settled on a formula for the wash, and I'm giving them two coats so that they're as dark as my original models. I've added some more detail to the chapter icons. However, I think I still need some more practice as they look kind of rough up close. Still, they look pretty good from about a foot away, so that works for me.

I really like how the Chaos Warrior helmets came out. They have the barbaric look I was going for, but there are some unforeseen advantages. The helmets on the meltagun and multi-melta marines resemble MK III power armor, which I plan on using for a Sternguard Squad, so that's a nice tie-in. Even better, the other helmet looks like an executioner's hood. Hard to be much more appropriate than that.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I agree that the chaos warrior helmets tie in very well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...